Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha F50 ELPT

Hi!

I have just enrolled onto the Forum and I am immediatly in need of some advice!!

I have a 2001 Yamaha 50HP 4 Stroke re-badged "Selva Barracuda". The Power Trim pump motor type 62Y−43880−01 has failed and I have sourced a replacement no problem.

In order to gain full access the 3 screws holding the duff pump motor and electing to leave the OB in situ, I attemtped to remove the entire Power Trim/Tilt pump assy. - I managed to remove the 2 wire electrical feed, the top Ram coupling pin and circlip and the nut on the lower mounting shaft BUT having easily removed the retaining nut on the end of the shaft, I cannot persude the shaft to drift out left-to-right, as viewed from the rear of the boat. Has anyone out-there had a similar experience and if so how did you overcome the problem?

Speaking to a couple of Marine outfits on the UK South Coast they are indicating that the entire pump unit may have to be sacrficed and cut away from the shaft to achieve its removal - are they serious??

Any help or tips would be really appreciated.

TIA,

DorsetRibber

I had same problem with my C40TLRX, could not move the shaft/bolt.

I ended up just tilting T&T out away from transom far enough to get to back bolt with top pin removed.
    Have no idea if your 4 stroke will get there or not, but worth looking into.

If not lots of heat may be what is needed, but that will mess up seals

Comment

Thanks for your reply 99YAM40 - I think that might be the way to go. Although it will mean removing the OB completely in my case, as the assy will not tilt far enough to access all 3 motor retaining screws. The screws will need an absolutely straightline attack, probably with an impact driver to avoid chewing the heads. The thought of wrecking a perfectly good pump just to access the shaft makes me feel sick and my wallet nervous!
      Last edited by DorsetRibber; 05-21-2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X