2004 F224 4-stroke Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F224 4-stroke Yamaha

I just rebuilt the water pump and the thermostats and now it is not picking up water at all nor coming out the output; it was rebulit using the engine shop manual. The lines were flushed with compressed air and no blockage; thermostats are OEM parts.

I am at a loss as to why it is not circulating water!!!!

I was told to take the new thermostats out and reassemble without them in to see if water will circulate and that would be the reason (bad thermos).

Thx
    Last edited by weschott71; 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM.

stats will not keep water from coming out of tell tail.

Maybe you missed lining up the water tube when putting back together.
    Hopefully you used the correct kit and not just impeller.
    And did you inspect the housing to make sure it was OK?

Comment

stats

Yes; I made sure of the water tube lining up; the rebuild kit included everything and was supposed to be the OEM parts. I replaced the impeller housing; both the metal cap and the ploastic housing, wave washer, impeller, etc.

When we disassembled the pump again; we found something had melted from underneath the metal impeller cover so bad we could not separate it and the intake had "something" that melted and almost completely sealed the intake for water. Very weird...nothing was left in the assembly only necessary parts. We did use a little marine grease to hold the rubber gaskets and greased the inside of the housing alittle to help with the initial start up.

Still at a loss.

Thx for the assistance: any thoughts?

Comment

Kit come with impeller,cup, plate, gaskets, bolts, and o ring.
        Only thing under the cup is the impeller, so do not know what you are saying melted. maybe a pic would be in order

Comment

When you replaced the plastic water pump housing, did you take the old grommet out of the original housing and put it in the new housing to seal the water tube? The impeller kits and the housing do not come with a new water tube grommet. Leaving it out will overheat the engine which can melt the water pump housing from the dry high-temperature exhaust gases.

Comment

Working...
          X