Water Pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump question

I replaced the water pump today on my 150. Its a Salt Water Series SX150TXRY if that matters. Replaced it the same as I always have. Fired the motor in a tank well actually a large garbage can. Engine ran fine, had plenty of water from the piss hole. After few minutes of running the stream seemed to get weak and almost stop. I shut the engine down for a few minutes. Fired it back up. had a good stream again for a few minutes and the same thing happened. Stream got weak. I noticed alot of turbulence in the water from the exhaust. Could this turbulence cause the motor to suck some air and effect the water intake? Im probably being paranoid, but would rather address any potential problems while the boats still on the trailer. Thanks in advance

Mike

yes, that would be my guess, it is a water pump not an air pump, in a garbage can the water becomes very areated, i think you are ok,

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Launched the boat yesterday and all is well. Took it for a quick run to the slip due to bad weather. Had plenty of stream. Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X