1998 Yamaha 200 vMax Tach & Trim Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Yamaha 200 vMax Tach & Trim Connections

Just changed out my 1990 200 hp Etld with a 1998 200 hp vmax p200 ETLRW. I used the original 1990 trim and oil harness and to adapt to the square connectors on the newer 1998 200 hp Vpro I purchased the Yamaha adapters. The trim sender on my 1990 was a 3-wire pink, orange, black. My 1998 is a 2-wire pink and black. By all accounts people say this 1998 should have a 3-wire . Variable resistance is 300--4. Are those good numbers? Also my cam is broken off. Part # ? From my 1998 motor harness to my trim harness are pink to pink , black to black, grey to grey and blank to orange. ( The grey wire is a pigtail that comes off the engine end of sending unit harness not sure if this connects to the grey/black sitting right beside it. Not suprisingly trim guage does not work. 2-wire, 3-wire. Of course the operation is supposed to be different. Just for something to do I plugged the engine end pink wire into the trim harness orange wire and guage moved while moving the sending unit arm by hand.???? Probably inaccurate. What analogue trim guage do I need? , The 2nd part of my question is the oil harness connection. The engine harness is a male square connector with only 2 wire connected to the 4 prong unit green/red, green/black. Again adapting to my 1990 oil harness green/red to green/red, green/black to green/black.I have 2 wires on my 1990 harness that are not connected yellow/red, yellow. These I believe are the wires the at the tach end of the harness. The tach is working but non of the oil alarms are. Questions 1. Can I simply get these alarms to work? What about my trim guage? My other option is to buy a digital tach kit.I thought it might be cheaper. Would this simply be plug ang play after installing my new harnesses? What would be the part # for this pre 2004? Thank for help. First time user.

1994-2000 model motors should have a 3 wire trim sender, 99999-03830-00 Trim Cam
    Can use 6YR-W0035-E1-00 Multifunction Tach rig kit which includes wiring needed to install.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X