electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical

2001 f25 yamaha charging inconsistently. sometimes when it first starts it goes to 14.7 but it drops to 12.7 fairly quickly. new battery no previous problems. any suggestions?
    Last edited by easytroller; 05-11-2013, 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

If battery is fully charged then that is ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

electrical

the problem is that it has never done that before. i had to replace the battery when i got back from a recent trip, where it acted the same way for 3 days on the water. i am going to try a new regulator. i will keep you posted. thanks

Comment

electrical

outboards use cranking non mantaince free batts...and never a deep cly....thru I see it daily..no one seems to read the owners manual (sigh!) And on small HP motors is a rectifier, not a regulater !!
        Last edited by bajakeith; 05-16-2013, 07:39 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

electrical

actually we are both right. in the repair manual it is called a rectifier/regulator because it performs both functions, converting and charging. thank you for your input.

Comment

electrical

I found the problem.[ depending on the motor], most 4 strokes have what is called a closed electric system. if you have an open circuit, the regulator will not direct the current from the stator to the battery. found out the hard way, trial and error. thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X