F40TLRC No water discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40TLRC No water discharge

I replace the water pump impeller to my 2004 or hp 4 stroke yamaha motor due to No Water Discharge coming from the discharge port when checking to see if I had depleted the problem after replacing the impeller it still remained the same. Someone mentioned that they have had the same problem but found that the discharge port was plugged. Could that be caused the impeller that I removed did look some what good in condition and that it would shoot at least some water from the port. How do I clean the discharge thoroughly if so.

Stick a section of wire or heavy monofilament fishing line into that black plastic discharge port....certain mud wasps and spiders like to build nests in those small tubes. Follow that black rubber tube to the metal fitting on the cylinder head if necessary to unplug it...Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      Stick a section of wire or heavy monofilament fishing line into that black plastic discharge port....certain mud wasps and spiders like to build nests in those small tubes. Follow that black rubber tube to the metal fitting on the cylinder head if necessary to unplug it...Good Luck!
      I did as you said and now I do have a fair enough discharge but it still is not as strong as it should be like the other motor next to it. I again removed the lower unit put the hose to all the different areas including that hose that comes from the metal fitting on the head and it shot out with high pressure as it should so that Tell Tale area seems to be clear. The tube that connects to the water pump going up the leg to the motor was also shot and water came out from all the different areas with good pressure except the Tell Tale hole which is the same pressure discharge when the motor is running. It's fair enough to operate but not the same pressure as the other motor displays. Should I remove the metal brass fitting on the head to see if that may be plugged or Should there be any other mechanical areas to be checked and or parts that may need replace to get the same discharge pressure as the other motor?

Comment

Might try blowing compressed air up the tell tail to see if that will move things around

Comment

I thought about that but, was not sure if I could cause some internal damages to any of the fixtures or hoses. Now That I feel more confident in doing that I will give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X