Oil leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leaking

I have a 99 C90TLRX and looks like there is oil leaking from the carb throte down into the cowling. Seems to be leaking between the intake/silencer assembly and the stay. First should oil be coming from the carbs like that? And if it is normal would replacing the orings fix the problem? Motor is in the down position in my garage and is leaking down the motor to the garage floor and bulb is not primed.

the C90 is a non oil injected motor.
    you have a fuel/oil leak.
    you may have a defective needle valve or a leaking fuel line.

Comment

it seems like your float is stuck which is causing the fuel and oil to leak even the bulb is not pressed ,rod is right its not oil injected

Comment

Yes not oil injected, premix. I have checked all the fuel lines, no leaks. Not sure about a defective needle valve, and could check that as well. But there seems to be oil leaking from the carb. Could the gas be evaporating leaving the oil to drain down? Only seems to be from the bottom carb. Other 2 seem fine. Thanks for your replies and help.

Comment

normal

that's the norm...unless leaking like a pig...a bit of oil around the carbs happen as the gas evabs and leaves a oil residue and more so after tilting for travel....remember,,, oil is your best friend in/on your motor(s)

Comment

Thanks. I ordered the new orings for the intake/silencer assembly anyway. It has not leaked in the past so I will give the orings a try. They looked ok, but what the heck they are 14 years old. I just like a clean motor in and out.

Comment

The 1999 90C is the exact same motor as mine and there's always been green 2 stroke oil inside the black plastic intake box and in carb throats...gas evaporates and leaves behind the oil....never was a problem to me. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks Robert. Orings on the way should fix it, just didn't leak in the past. Thanks to all replies......

Comment

After sitting in the garage for about 30 days there is a puddle of oil on the floor about 12" in diameter. I left it on purpose to see how much would leak. I think that this is excessive and have checked and tighten all the carb screws and bolts, replaced the orings on the intake/silencer. and checked all the hoses. The gas and oil are coming from the throat of the carb. Any help with what the problem might be and where to start? Thanks in advance

Comment

Any suggestions where to start or the problem, anyone???

Comment

I think you have been told where to start a couple of times, the needles and seats... so buy carb rebuild kits, and a genuine service manual, and rebuild the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                        the C90 is a non oil injected motor.
                        you have a fuel/oil leak.
                        you may have a defective needle valve or a leaking fuel line.
                        Ausnoelm I have a service manual and am capable of rebuilding the carbs. Thanks for your pointed and yet helpful reply.

Comment

check fuel pump for leaking diaphram

Comment

Working...
                          X