Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power to Starter and Trim

Hi all,
    I have a 2001 Yamaha 150 outboard. We recently went for a ride and while putting the boat back in the slings I shut off the motor. When I attempted to trim the motor up, I got nothing. I tried to start it, still nothing. Everything else works (radio, gauges, live well) but I seem to have lost power to only the starter and power trim. I changed the fuses, changed the starter relay and checked to make sure anything wasn't grounding out. I attached jumper cables to the starter to make sure that it wasn't the problem, it turned fine. Does anybody have any ideas? I'm at a loss. Thanks

If I recall, the trim motor and starter share a 30 Amp fuse....if both of these are not working this is probably the culprit. Also this fuse was not by the others it was in a fuse holder that contained a 20 Amp and a 30 Amp fuse.

Also, be careful if you are using wingnuts on your cranking battery as this will potentially damage your voltage regulator if they come loose while you are running your motor.

Comment

check the red wire in the main loom to see if you have continuity it is possible there maybe a brake in that wire. if there is voltage in the loom coupling inside the engine then the voltage is not getting to the control box. but even if this is the case you should able to use the trim & tilt on the engine
      Last edited by jazzman44; 04-01-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Similar Issue

I have a similar issue on a 50TLRA. The starter solenoid gave me some trouble last week but eventually the got the motor to start. I checked it out last night and now have no tilt and trim. Anyone have any suggestions on the issue I'm having?

Comment

Working...
        X