Clogged water passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged water passage

I've got a '93 yam. 225. I've melted/spun three prop hubs in a few months period. The prop guy is thinking a clogged passage not allowing water to flow out the exhaust. So I pull the power head and found the gasket bad and two clogged passages. I don't know if the ports/passages go to the exhaust. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks, Bob

you may be chasing a ghost.
    all the water that enters the powerhead adapter must exit.
    some goes through the block and heads,the rest is dumped via the pressure control valve directly back down the ex tuner area.

some of the older gearcases had a passage from the cavity under the trim tab to the ex cavity.
    use of the wrong or no trim tab could lead to excessive ex temp at the hub.

Comment

Thanks for the responds. I'm going to reassemble it and buy a prop with the newer style hub. I like to see a diagram that shows the path of water flow. Is there anything like this? It doesn't overheat( I installed a factory gauge last year) and I have 18-20 psi on the gauge. Am I just worried about nothing?

Comment

I think if you post your model # Rodbolt17 may respond back as to if that one is one that needs the special trim tab for extra cooling of hub

Comment

model number is 225TLRR. My trim tab has a little scoop on it that directs water up into the cavity above. thanks for your help.

Comment

make sure the passage between the tab pocket and the ex cavity is clear.
            if running a jack plate high enough to pull the tab out of the water you may have an issue.

Comment

I had to go with a solid hub prop due to that issue. I run a 4 blade Mazco and it bites at very high jack and trim points.

Comment

Working...
              X