Pulser coil/starter/ flywheel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulser coil/starter/ flywheel problem

OK, I have a 1985 220 special with no spark. Well, that's not completely accurate. I have lots of spark when the plugs are removed. When I put the plugs in and try to start it I have no spank. So I'm guessing that under compression the engine is not turning fast enough for the pulser coil to do its thing. The coil ohms out on the money and I'm using two good batteries that get the engine turning over at a good speed but still nothing with the plugs in. So the culprits are the pulser coil, starter, or the flywheel magnet. Any suggestions?

its non of the above you have a ground somehow check your electrical

Comment

could be bad cables,connections or possibly a bad starter.
      A quick voltage drop test will see.
      it could also be a faulty drive shaft bushing on a 25" motor.

Comment

It's Fixed!!!

I completely isolated the engine to just the battery and the controls and it fired right up. It has not run in about a year. I tried everything I could think of and nothing. I thought about isolating the engine a long time ago but didn't do it. I just couldn't imagine that something wired-up in the dash could affect the engine like that. I could kick myself for that. Anyway thanks for the advice. Now I'm going to wire everything back in one component at a time and see if I can locate the original problem.

Comment

Working...
        X