stuck lower unit drain screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck lower unit drain screws

Any advice on freeing stuck screws on oil drain for lower unit?

Not sure where your level of mechanics are, not to insult you, but first use the largest screw driver that will fit into the slot. I use an 18" long heavy spade screw driver to remove mine. If that still will not get it you may need to use heat. If I were a betting man I would say a super sized flat head screw driver would do the trick. But as a last resort, try heat. Not to much but enough is the best description I can give on heating the bolt. Hope this helps.

Comment

There's a handy tool called an impact driver that you can get at most tool shops that may be just the ticket for you...it's a screwdriver that you strike with a hammer and an internal helix transmits that force into a twisting motion either to tighten or loosen stuck screws...check it out and good luck!

Comment

I have a square shank screwdriver I use a small crescent wrench to provide leverage while putting pressure against the drain screw. If you do not have one you could use some vice grips to help turn the screwdriver.

Comment

Originally posted by fatback2 View Post
          Any advice on freeing car parts stuck screws on oil drain for lower unit?
          You need to make use of screw driver for this. I hope you have it
          Last edited by Kalhgar02; 03-15-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X