6y5-8350t-82-00‎ multifunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6y5-8350t-82-00‎ multifunction

I purchased a new T50TLR back in 2010. I would like to put a Multifunction Tach on my pedestal. Is the 6y5-8350t-82-00‎ the right one? What else will I need to buy to install it? Does the wire harness run from council to the engine or to several different areas?

Thank you for your help.

Flyboy26m

it should work. Boats.net has a parts manual I dont here at the house.
    have you looked into command link,it has a ***** control as well for some models .

Comment

Best to use 6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach Rig Kit for a 2010 model and it includes wiring harness needed to install.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        it should work. Boats.net has a parts manual I dont here at the house.
        have you looked into command link,it has a ***** control as well for some models .
        That would be a nice feature to have even on my sailboat.
        I show a number 6Y8-8350T-01-00 but I think that is just the Multi tach not the harness. $359 just for the Guage. $277.50 for the std guage with wire harness.

Will have to do some more research on this.
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Best to use 6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach Rig Kit for a 2010 model and it includes wiring harness needed to install.
          So this kit is everything including Multi Tech and harness.

The other stuff like the trim sending units must already be in the engine.

Looks like the way to go.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes trim sender is on engine.
            If you want the Command Link kit then use,
            Choice of
            6Y8-WE83S-70-00 Command Link square Tach rig kit

6Y8-WE83R-60-00 Command Link round Tach rig kit

will also need Main bus wire and pigtail bus wire runs about $140.00 depending on length needed.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
              Yes trim sender is on engine.
              If you want the Command Link kit then use,
              Choice of
              6Y8-WE83S-70-00 Command Link square Tach rig kit

6Y8-WE83R-60-00 Command Link round Tach rig kit

will also need Main bus wire and pigtail bus wire runs about $140.00 depending on length needed.
              Is the $140.00 wire product needed on both kits or just the Command link kits.
              Is length based on battery to engine distance or Tach to engine?

Can I wait and buy a control just for the RPM *****ing and skip the Command link?

Regards,
              Michael

Comment

The Main bus and Pigtail bus wire are for Command Link installation only, Main goes between hub at transom of boat to hub at console, need to measure that length. Pigtail bus wire go between hub at console to each gauge, available in 1, 2, 3 and 6 foot lengths.
                If want the ***** feature then will need Command Link gauge on remote control models or the new tiller handle models has it on handle.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

if your not going to use the tri-ducer on the command link,skip the transom hub.
                  command link gives a lot more information than the digital 6y5.
                  with an optional sensor kit it can give hull speed and engine water pressure.

Comment

Working...
                  X