Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 150 TXRS Water Pump Housing Question

Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing the water pump and I bought the basic kit (Yamaha/no housing). Now that I have the lower unit off and apart, the housing looks rough and I want to replace it. The parts diagram at Yamaha and Boats.net just show the housing, but I have seen some sites like Sim Yamaha that have the housing, a housing seal, and a housing cover. Those parts appear to show up on the 1996 parts diagrams, yet the housing itself is the same part number. The housing I removed DOES have a black rubber seal on the top port like the seal I've seen elsewhere (Sim). Do I need this seal or just the housing? I have the 1994 repair manual for my motor and there is no mention of a housing top or seal in my manual either. I'm not convinced by the fact that the one I removed has it, as one of the three washers was missing (one flat and wave only) so whoever last installed it was sloppy apparently so it could very well have been the wrong part.

Any advice would be great so I don't order parts I don't need.

Thanks!

Scott

you will need 2 flat and one wave washer.
    you can remove the water tube seal and retainer from the old housing.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      you will need 2 flat and one wave washer.
      you can remove the water tube seal and retainer from the old housing.
      Thanks for the reply! There was no retainer on the unit when I removed it. Unless its up inside the casing, which I'll check when I go back to the marina. The black seal that's there is really hard, so I'll likely replace it if its supposed to be there. But it's odd that the black seal isn't on the yamaha parts diagrams for my year, that's why I'm concerned since I want to avoid installing parts that ant supposed to be there.

Comment

on the impeller there should have been a metal retainer,a nylon collar and 2 flat washers and a wave washer.
        the pump housing has 2 dampers.
        can be seen on the repair kit 2 screen.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          on the impeller there should have been a metal retainer,a nylon collar and 2 flat washers and a wave washer.
          the pump housing has 2 dampers.
          can be seen on the repair kit 2 screen.
          Thanks a lot!

Comment

its also a possibility it has an older gearcase on it.

Comment

Working...
            X