Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tune

1st, hi to you all...

2nd, I managed to ''fix'' my Yamaha... it was oil sensor, or oil float, or whatever it is called... that little piece in oil tank that determines the amount of oil, and that makes the engine go into 2000RPM blockade when the oil level is low.

Disconnected that sensor, and the engine runs normally... new sensor (or whatever is it called) is way to expensive, 300+ dollars at my Yamaha dealer.

So, it wasn't carb problem, CDI unit problem, spark ignition coil problem... it was ''just'' that oil sensor

Anyway, thank you all for suggestions and help...

Now, I have another question... what is your opinion on using Quicksilver Power tune on my Yamaha - 2001 2st 50HP GETOL?

Will my outboard benefit form it, like manufacturer and some people on the internet suggest?
    And can that Power tune do some damage, if I ''overclean'' the engine?

I'm asking about that specific product because it's kinda the only one available near me...
    2001 Yamaha Getol 2T 50HP

power tune will work fine.
    follow the directions on the container.
    I understand about the part cost.
    typically with a 50 you will have less than 15 gallons of fuel.
    oil tank holds enough for almost 50 gallons.
    fill the oil tank before each use.

Comment

Well, it's not the price itself the problem... the problem is the price at my local dealer, or anywhere in my country.

For example, trim relay costs like 150$ or so... let's make it 200$ with shipping and stuff. On this site / forum / web shop... whatever it is. At my local dealer is round 400$.

But... when it broke down, my father and I disassembled it, ''discovered'' the way it works... and made our own.
      2 car servo steering relays - each round 5$. Some wires and stuff... it all came round 20$. And like a day of ''exploring'' and connecting wires.

Basically, for 20$ and one day of work we made replacement and saved like 380$.

If it were ''only'' 150-200$, I would probably buy new part... but, for 400$, I will spend one day and make one of my own. And it works the same as the original part.

So, to get back to the topic... I think I will disassemble this oil sensor (or whatever it's called), and try to make it work again... rather than paying 300$ for something than I can maybe make fix in like a day or so...

I only need schematics how that sensor works... that would be a great speed-up.

So, if anyone knows the exact part name, or code... I would appreciate it
      Last edited by Goran_SV; 02-18-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

its a simple switch,not a sensor.
        its either on or off.
        the trim relay is a simple relay,at rest it takes both motor terminals to ground.
        when activated it takes one or the other to positive.

Comment

See if this is what you are looking for

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/a...sortest_91.jpg

Sorry that is not for your 50. I will see if I can find one for yours
          Last edited by 99yam40; 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

See if this is what you are looking for
            Last edited by 99yam40; 04-26-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Will check as soon as I get some time, hope for weekend.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
              X