oil tank transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil tank transfer

i had posted earlier with a oil transfer problem from aux tank to main tank on a 1994 200hp sws. over the weekend we checked the pump and screens and wiring and everything looked fine, we also replace the filter near the aux tank. (we first thought the pump was inoperative but its working) my question now is how fast does it take for the main tank to fill by using the emergency toggle switch ? we started with a empty main tank and with the ign key on we tried the toggle switch and found it took a long long time to see any oil transfer from the aux tank to the main tank. it took maybe 5 mins and only maybe a couple of ounces of oil the the main tank, any thougts would be appreciated.
    thanks to everyone for there responses.

stoney

You're saying you checked the inlet filter at the remote tank? Is there a splice in the line nearer the remote pump and you could check the flow rate closer to the pump just to make sure there's no pinch in the line blocking flow up to the motor's tank? At least the pump runs with the emergency switch, that's half the battle.

Mike

Comment

hey mike,
      thanks for the reply, i'll check the oil flow from a few different places. thanks for the idea.

stoney

Comment

If you had the oil pump, lines and tank apart then you need to bleed air from oil pump(elect. oil pump). The oil tank has to be 3/4 full, oil level has to be higher than oil pump, remove oil line on intake side of oil pump and allow oil to flow until no air is seen reconnect line to pump and remove oil line from output side of oil pump, turn on key switch and allow oil to pump out of oil pump until no air is seen. check the oil line routing make sure it is inside the indent in oil tank, it is easy to pinch oil line when putting tank back in metal tank bracket.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X