90H/P 2 stroke not peeing........HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90H/P 2 stroke not peeing........HELP

I have an 07 90 H/P 2 stroke that stopped peeing. I have replaced/rebuilt the water pump already and have checked that all the water lines are clear. Im lost at what to do next. Any ideas?

Maybe trace that pee tube back to the fitting on the head...might be a piece of calcium scale/deposit stuck in the fitting or the tube?...If that doesn't fix it then drop lower unit and double check everything, like that water tube grommet. Did you replace the water pump base plate(could be warn) and the plastic housing?...Are you using double-sided flushing muffs to test it?...I think those single muffs ain't so good. Good luck and let us know what you find!

Comment

I replaced everything inbetween the base plate and the plastic housing. The base plate and housing looked fine to me but I am no expert. I use the double earmuffs. I will recheck all my lines again to make sure there is no blockage. Thanks for your help. I will let you know what I find.

Comment

blow compressed air up the tell tail to see if that clears anything

Comment

ok I will try the compressed air. Would the thermostat have anything to do with it?

Comment

stats do not block off tell tail.

Does the 90 have a PRV(poppet)? might look to see in manual or parts break down

Comment

tell tale water comes out of the ex cover.
              typical blockage point is either the restrictor at the cowl or the nipple at the ex cover.
              sometimes we have to use wire to clear them.

Comment

Same year 90 and same problem. Same attempts to restore pee; water pump; pee hose cleared, etc.

Removed taddle-tale hose from cast-nipple on block-cover Rodbolt speaks of and inserted a small drill bit into block.

I felt a restriction just inside the hole and pushed it through. Twisting bit in fingers reamed cast-nipple's hole.

Robert Graham's first sentence above describes the problem. Scale or crud had blocked the hole of the cast-nipple on the block-cover. Now pees like brand new.
                Last edited by Atchafalaya_man; 02-15-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X