test propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test propeller

Tried the search function and checked on google .. no success ..
    I am curious how the Yamaha test propeller for a 90hp 2 stroke looks like .
    Can anybody help ??
    Thx in advance !
    Jurgen

The ones that I have seen are an enclosed circle with blades. Kind of hard to explain if you've never seen one. They are to give resistance to the motor without thrust. I searched youtube for a link, but like you said, not much on the net about them.

Comment

search for part number YB-1620 or KL-1620.

Comment

Thanks mate !

Comment

If you find a picture post it , as some others may like to have a look too.

I googled those part #s but did not find anything with a pic

Comment

I also tried to find it but did not succeed ..
            But the good news is - based on the part numbers rodbolt17 provided I found a German dealer who :
            - has such test propeller
            - will provide it to me for testing
            As he said when he tried it it does not apply much load to the engine - but I`ll see .
            Ordered today a cylinder head with higher compression ( we got here only good fuel ) & a tuning exhaust .
            Before installing this parts I intend to check the max motor rpm with original parts as reference and then I will install the head and the exhaust and will measure again . The head also comes with slightly bigger main jets .
            This should show the gain of power . At least I hope ..
            This will happen only in spring when I have the opportunity to test the motor .
            Will make definitely pictures and will post them !
            Cheers

Comment

I posted the same question also on a German boat forum . If you scroll down the link you will find some pictures .
              Yamaha test propeller / test wheel - boote-forum.de - Das Forum rund um Boote

Comment

I posted the same question on a German forum and one of the guys posted today some pictures .
                It is in german but if you scroll through the thread you will see them .

Comment

Strange - tried yesterday twice to post a message with a link to a German boat forum where one of the guys there posted some pictures of the test propeller .
                  For some reasons these messages do not appear ..

Comment

Never had a problem by post a link here just fot attachments!
                    Try again I guess...

Is a lot of people waiting for those pics

Comment

might just type the address instead of making a link.

Or click on the picture
                      copy it to your computer
                      then attach that pic to this thread in your next post

Comment

what your trying to do isnt going to work well.
                        that test wheel provides a known load on a known gear ratio on a known horsepower output.
                        if the stock 90 hp is running correctly it can spin that test wheel at 5100-5300 RPM.
                        if it cannot its sick and needs a Dr.
                        however max RPM is 5500.
                        what you need is someone with a dynomometer.

Comment

Try now :

I agree that it is not a dyno - at our facility we are just installing a 3500hp dyno for CAT engines - but I can check timing at WOT and as for tuning it is at least an indicator that things not going the wrong direction .
                          I am still thinking to take one of my old alu props and to reduce significantly the diameter to use it as a "test prop" - or reference prop as well .
                          Just hard or impossible to guess what the right diameter will be ..
                          Again - I will not be able to test it either in march in France or even only in May in Germany - but I will post the results .
                          Regards from Ukraine .

Comment

try this and put triple w in front ..
                            was just writing a post but AGAIN it disappeared

.boote-forum.de/showthread.php?p=2984684#post2984684

Comment

give up .. wrote another long post but it just disappeared .. probably the KGB steps on the line ..
                              Agree that this will not replace a dyno . BTW - in our faciltiy we are just installing a 3500hp dyno for CAT engines
                              But I can do easily the WOT timing test and for the tuning it will indicate at least whether the changes going into the right directions .
                              I even think about to take one of my old alu props and reduce the diameter significantly and to try to use it as well as a reference prop . Question is only that is is absolutely unpredictable to estimate how much the diameter needs to be reduced to achieve appr 5000 rpm ..
                              Unfortunately I will be only able to test either in March in France or even only in May in Germany the motor - but I will keep you posted !
                              Here some pics .
                              Regards from Ukraine
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X