Help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please

I have a Yamaha 1994 200 hp Pro V that I have had for 10 yrs problem free however I started having problems this summer the boat would start and run fine but when I started to plane out it would stall like it was eitherflooding or starving for gas, it only would do this after the temp outside would get 80 or so it would run fine early in the morning till it started to heat up during the day I made it thru the summer delaying taking it to have it fixed. I did not have opportunity to fish much this fall/winter I took it out yesterday 50 degrees and it is doing the same thing that it did in the summer all the time now but worse. It will start run idle but act like it is going to take off when it gets to about 2500 rpm falls on its face and almost dies if I continue to keep throttle down it never picks up. I can put it in neutral and it will take off again only to repeat, it does help to rev up the motor while in neutral before attempting again but not enough to plane out. I am not an outboard mechanic but this doesent seem to be very serious I hope someone can at least give me some advice Thanks very much.

Run a compression test. Remove and clean carbs and fuel pumps, replace fuel filters and check fuel hoses.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X