Rebuilding carburetors (4) of F90TLRB complete parts list needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding carburetors (4) of F90TLRB complete parts list needed

I have a California 2003 F90TLRB with 450 hrs. My motor starts but runs rough at idle and also through acceleration in my driveway. I took it to the lake and the same thing was happening but then trying to rough ***** about 900 rpm after a few min. all of a sudden it cleared up and ran perfect all day but back at home a few weeks later in the driveway the same problem.

I took my boat to a Marine repair shop and they told me the #1 carb. was 50%, #2 & #3 carbs O.K. and # 4 @ 0%. I believe this was caused by California Ethenol gas and an always open vent screw on the gas tank cap thus water in my fuel.

Is there any way to try and use a carburetor cleaner 1st before I rebuild the carbs? Any suggestioins? If not I will order the carb. repair kits (4) and the intake manifold gasket. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other things I need to order for this job; special tools, gaskets or sealants etc.? Do I need to sync the carbs with multichannel manometer or other method?

I will be installing a fuel/water separator and empty my portable 12 gal. gas tank and wash it out. Any fuel additive suggestions?

The blowout CARBURETOR 2 Diagram shows the #1 & #4 carbs on the same fuel line from the source T fitting. I wonder if there is any significance to this configuration and only #1 & #4 carbs with trouble/clogs.

Thanks for any help or imput,
    Rods 1959 Glaspar Seafair Sedan
    Last edited by Rodsquest; 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM.
Working...
X