No announcement yet.

Oil pump won't stop pumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AETO indicates its an oil injected model.
    the US market V4 motors that start with a C designation are non oil injected.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for clarification Rodbolt!
      In US you have diferent typification and not so simple to understand (at least for me) maybe because I not so accustomed.

Let see if this helps better gobbledok
      Find the part # you need and look where ever you want or google it, usually boats.net are on 1st choises.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxip...k5cmhubkU/edit

Comment

Thanks but I already ordered . Looked up boats.net for the part number of US models for those years and googled some images of that part and it looked identical to the one i need.
        The 84 oil unit has slightly different part number and does not have connector harness.

I did read somewhere that the replacement units do not have a mercury switch inside them anymore but there is a separate wire you run somewhere else

Comment

you read it here, about 6 posts ago.
          if its a US market part number,its going to have 4 plug caps and some adapters you wont use and a single green/white wire and an instruction kit.

the green/white wire will go to a trigger coil input on the CDI unit.
          now instead of using a mercury switch to prohibit oil transfer its going to use a pulser coil signal.
          no signal, no transfer.

its how the intergrated CDI/oil control modules of the later V6 units work.

the 2.6L v6 from 1990 to 1995 used the trim sender to prohibit transfer.
          the 3.1 always used a pulser signal.
          in 1996 the 2.6 incorperated the same setup as the 3.1.
          the thinking was, if its trimmed that high it should not be running hence no need to transfer.

some of the v4/v6 modules prior to 1990 had a tendancy,if the key was left on,to turn on the pump if battery voltage dropped below about 9v.
          would not shut off after that.
          made quite the mess.

Comment

Working...
          X