F100DETL yamaha outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F100DETL yamaha outboard

i don't know why the compression has gone down to 90psi and its even on all cylinder
    i have done the compression leak test there is nothing
    whats seems to be the problem

did you do a compression test or a leakdown test.
    two vastly different tests. leakdown being much more accurate than compression.

Comment

done a compression test 90psi ,as well as cylinder leak test which was normal at 150psi holding ,don't know what to do now

Comment

i was told the engine was submerged twice by big waves and it needs all the electrical system replace so now iam looking for the complete set of electrical components and wiring harness for two F100 engines,any idea how much or where can i get them

Comment

If you did the leakdown tests where is the leaking air pressure coming out of?
          Was this testing done with the proper equipment?
          the test is normally shown in % not PSI.

Why buy all new electrical when the cylinders are not sealing properly?

Comment

my apologies there was no leak in the leak test as it was 100%,but i need all the wiring as the engine has been submerged on two occasion and few wires have gone black ,so where can i get the wiring amd all electrical components and the price

Comment

have you looked here ?
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

oh yeah i have looked there but they dont sell parts for this model only american model

Comment

I guess F100D (fuel Injection) in not on sale in US but I belive the F90??? (f90 fuel injection) must have exactely the same wiring.
                  Do you have the manual parts for you outboard? That would help!
                  Then you could google the wiring # and probably find on boats.net or elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X