90TLRC ignition power pack bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90TLRC ignition power pack bad?

engine has been running rough at low speeds for a few months, decided to change plugs and power tune the carbs, removed all 3 plugs, they all looked the same (all about a year old), installed new plugs, ran the engine for 15 mins, removed new plugs, # 1and 2 were wet and looked normal after running, #3 was clean as a whistle, pulled the plug, turned over engine and got spark on #3 plug, swapped #2 and #3 coils, same result, #3 cylinder is not combusting at all, is it possible that the power pack is not sending strong enough juice to the #3 coil, I have also noticed in the past few months that there has been alot of raw fuel going through the hub, I have seen a sheen in the water of fuel on top that tells me that #3 is just pushing out fuel on the exhaust stroke not burning it. can the power pack be bench tested? Thanks in advance for any help.
    \"thats all i got to say about that\"

leave the pack alone, you got spark.
    I would inspect the fuel pump.
    a leaking pump will cause just that.
    excessivly rich mix that wont burn but will dump raw fuel down the ex.

Comment

pulled the fuel pump, the difram was torn on the edge, purchased new one, and installed, engine cranked right up, until the bowls were drained, after that nothing, the #3 plug was still as clean as a whistle, drained the bowls and found a wire like particle from #3 bowl, maybe the new pump pushed crap towards the carbs and stopped fuel flow altogether, after trying to start after the initial short run after the new fuel pump install, there was no smell of gas on any of the plugs, I guess I will start with the hoses after the pump, then the carbs, I just dread trying to do a rebuild on the carbs, bought the boat new in 04 and it does have alot of hours on it, maybe it is time, I did do a compression check and have 100lbs in each hole
      \"thats all i got to say about that\"

Comment

Working...
      X