No luck finding wiring diagram, '94 25hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck finding wiring diagram, '94 25hp

I looked, but haven't found it... I got a new (to me) 14' skiff with a '94 25hp with electric start, without a battery and the wires cut. I need a basic diagram of the wiring connections from the key switch to the battery to the motor - does anyone have a link or diagram they can share?
    I know this is basic, but it's my first boat and I have to do it cheaply, so your assistance will be appreciated!
    Tooz

It only has the main harness between engine and key switch and battery cables from engine to battery, if main harness is cut would be better to replace it with new harness.
    DLO-10PIN-CH-RT.pdf
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cut wires sounds like someone was in a hurry getting the motor off off a boat, really not hard to pull cowling and unplug main harness and unbolt battery cables.
      Could this be a hot motor?

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        It only has the main harness between engine and key switch and battery cables from engine to battery, if main harness is cut would be better to replace it with new harness.
        [ATTACH]1064[/ATTACH]
        Thank you!

Comment

It's not the harness...

The boat was worked on by the previous owner. For some reason he cut the wires and removed the battery.
          I have to install the battery and run new wires - this is where I need help...
          Starting with the key, does the wire run to the battery, then the motor, then back to the battery or the key switch? (I know this sounds like I'm too dumb to own a boat, but I'm mechanically inclined and electrically challenged...)
          TIA for you help!
          Tooz

Comment

your going to have two wires running to the battery,one from the ground post on the starter,the other from the starter solinoid to the battery + post.\
            a small 20 amp fused red wire will connect to the same solinoid post as the battery+ lead.
            does the engine still have the remote control harness with a molded 7 or 9 pin connector?
            can you post the engine model number?
            its located on a tag on the port side transom bracket.

Comment

Working...
            X