Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on 2000 OX66 150HP airbox hoses

Guys,

When I winterized my 2000 OX66 150HP (VX150TLRY) I removed the airbox to inject fogging spray into each fuel injector. There are two small diameter hoses that connect to the back of the airbox. I was quite sure I remembered which hose went where, but the only possible way they both would reach the fittings on the back of the airbox was contrary to what I remember (as least what I thought I remembered <g>).

Can anyone confirm for me which hose goes to which fitting on the back of the airbox?

TIA,

Jeff

the hose from the oil tank over flow goes to the port side bottom of the air box.

Comment

the gray hose from the intake goes to the lowest air box nipple, the engine oil tank vent line (black) goes to the upper one.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your responses. You've very likely saved me a trip to my marine dealer this spring - thanks again!

Jeff

Comment

other than the mess it can create, wont kill the motor if they are off.
          one is the vent line for the engine oil tank and if it overflows it puts oil in the airbox.
          the other is a puddle drain that collects the spitback from the airbox and runs it into the intake.

Comment

rodbolt17,

Thanks for lending your expertise. I was "positive" I remembered the correct way to reattach them, after winterizing. But, there was only one way they would fit (as it relates to length). So, I'll be certain to recheck them this spring when I get the boat ready to launch.

FWIW I grew up in Minnesota, weaned on OMC products. Mercs were considered "boat anchors" for years. I am quite impressed by what Merc has done over the last 10 years. This is my first Yamaha, and I am blown away by its build and performance. My servicing dealer says Yamahas run better and longer due to the tight tolerances to which they're manufactured.

He's adamant in the belief that if you run Ring Free+ and Startron you won't have fuel issues. I bought this rig (1994 Glastron SSV170, 2000 150HP OX66) used from an original owner two years ago, and he was completely "anal" in how he cared for it. I had some uphostery redone last year, and for a 1994 boat and 2000 motor it garners lots of compliments.

Jeff
            Last edited by Jeff_H; 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

biggest outboard killer, cooling system and/or fuel system failures.
              thank god for folks that only install water pumps and such when needed.
              quite often pistons are "needed" by that time as well.

Comment

Working...
              X