opinions welcomed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions welcomed!

I bought my current boat new in 2005, its out fitted with a 115 yamaha 4stroke. I dont remember the exact numbers. Its going on 7,000 hours.

I am Currently shopping for a new boat. I have almost made up my mind to buy new again. Looking at a 258 DLV Carolina skiff fitted with a 200 yamaha. That is until My eye caught an immaculate used boat. Fitted with a Low hours '04 yamaha 225 (F225TXRD). The boat was used regular first few years, but has trickled down to only a few times a year.

The boats fairly priced, And well taken care of. Freshwater use. Regular service has been done since day one.

Just wondering your opinion on buying this boat or Buying a new boat.

Im weighing the options of used and new pros and cons. Kind of of meeting in the middle. So Really its what i feel comfortable with doing. Its not going to be the last boat i buy, but if i cant get close to the use on this boat as my current boat, i'd be very happy. And probally ready for a new boat again in a few years.

But opinions are welcomed.

Thanks
    Travis
    CatsNstripers

There was some expensive exhaust corrosion problems on some of those engines when used in saltwater but other than they are very good motors.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

have a dealer run the PID number to insure all updates have been done.
      may be as many as 3.

Comment

Which updates are you speaking of? For the computer?

Comment

Holy Toledo, Batman! 7,000 hours! that's 291 days of running! You got your moneys worth out of that engine!!!

I guess it depends on what type of HP you need....take a look at the gas consumption as well...

Comment

on certain PID F200,225 motors from about late 02 to abot late 03 early 04,there are two throttle bushing/linkage recalls and one regulator/driver recall.
            if your prospective engines PID is typed into YMBS it will tell you if modifications are nessasary or already done.

Comment

Working...
            X