Need ignition timing for 115 & 130 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ignition timing for 115 & 130 hp

I'm new on this site and I owned a 115hp 2stroke for 4 years now (used) and not had one single problem (knock on wood). I was reading on all I could find on the 115 vs 130 motor. I even cross reference both factory parts online and they are all identical with each other. There was one larger carb jet available for both motor but besides that both parts had the same part#s. The rev limit for the 115 is recommended at 5500r's and 130 @ 6000r's. Could this be caused by different ignition setting? Maybe the timing has been advanced for the 130 and retarded for the 115. Does anyone have the ignition timing for both motor? And how do you correctly check for timing?
    If anyone could shine some light on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

What year is the motor?

Comment

The compression ratio for 115 is 6.5:1, 130 6.8:1.
      timming for 115 is 25 deg., 130 is 22 deg.
      115 is 4500-5500 rpm operating range.
      130 is 5000-6000 rpm operating range.
      Are you sure you want attemp it for only 15hp increase?
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My year is 2000, I guess since the compression is different I would need different pistons. I rather purchase a performance head instead with higher compression. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey Geoff I sent you an email with the section out of the shop manual on timing the motor. Let me know if you need the rest.

Mike

Comment

Thanks mike.
            I will try to do this conversion hope it will work, all depending on the cost.

Comment

Working...
            X