tilt trim reservoir cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt trim reservoir cap

Does anyone know the thread for the reservoir cap on the tilt trim used on the 115hp?

I have a slow fluid leak we can't find after a few seal replacement attempts. With boat in the water right now adding fluid is tough. If i can screw on a nozzle with a tube topping off the reservoir would be much easier. Can't seem to find a nozzle that fits and I don't have a thread gauge. Trial and error so far.
    Will attempt to fix again in a few weeks.

thx.

A large syringe and plastic tubing usually works well as long as you do not have to put too much in.

You may want to post your motor model #
    115hp does not say enough

Comment

Motor is 115txrd 2005.

I have tried the syringe and tube. Good plan but once it starts dripping ... what a mess. Lost more oil in the water and all over me than went in. Had a good but sad laugh the last few attempts and vowed to get screw on nozzle. I have to add about every 2 weeks maybe 1 oz.

Location of the fill is not good when boat is in water. Laying on the dock sideways and all lubed up.

Saw marina guy do one once with thread on nozzle and tube. Piece of cake but he quit marina and new staff can't help (they stopped doing anything more than simple repairs).

Comment

Fix the leak is my recommendation

Comment

Just repaired same system on a 200. Boat on trailer I used tubing that could be just pushed over threads and then put tywrap over tube and snugged down over threads. Will cost you a tywrap each use but worked well. Other option would be get new fill cap and drill hole in cap to accept tubing. (probably need to size tubing to fix the O-ring on cap) Tywrap would be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
          X