Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90 Power Pack / CDI Question

Hi,

I have a 1993 Yamaha 90 2 stroke that needs a new CDI box. The original CDI part number was 6H0-85540-02-00 - i need a new one and the yamaha site says to replace it with 6H0-85540-07-00 but in photos i've seen it doesn't have the right connectors. What i really want to do is find a used replacement since they cost so much. I see alot of replacements in other years with part numbers 6H0-85540-04-00 etc but can't figure out which one will be a direct replacement. Are there any Yamaha spe******ts on here that know what my options are for a used replacement part number wise? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

The -02 or -07 will be correct one for your engine. It will work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply - do you know if the -03, -04, or -06 will work - it looks like the -07 one replaces them as well.

Thanks

Comment

-02, -03, -06 or -07 are the only ones.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

-So all three of those are interchangeable? All with the same connectors? I really appreciate your help.

Comment

so should i order the 02 or the 07? Is one better than the other? i see you sell them both at same price...

Comment

If order either one it will supersede to current part
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I sther anything special about swapping out these cdi modules? I have a replacement and might do it myself as mechanic has been tied up. I just assum you plug in all the wiring like the old one but is ther anything special about where the mechanical arm attaches near the top of the unit?

Thanks

Comment

Yes just bolt on hook up and verify timing when get running.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                  X