2009 f115txr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 f115txr

Can I find out how many hours my engine has without taking it to a service guy to connect to machine?

if its rigged with digital or command link like it should have been,its on the tach.
    otherwise its got to be connected to a laptop with the yamaha diagnostic software.

Comment

thanks,Will see if tach reflects it this afternoon

Comment

Engine hours

To keep it simple Yamaha sells a nice engine mounted hours meter if your tach does not have the information.

As rodbolt stated the YDS application along with the interface cable is typically what the Yamaha dealer uses

There are several other options if you want a computer interface to the ECM, lots more information than simple engine hours is available with the interface.
        These guys cater to the Personal Water Craft market but the interface is all the same.
        CanDoo Pro Diagnostic System : PWC Performance Parts

I was VERY sorry to see Yamaha no longer wants to support/sell the YDS application to the public. Good news is that they are available on EBay, CL and other places. Yamaha offered Ver 1.32 and 1.33 to the general public for a few years and for a very short time ver 2.0. Too bad they no longer want the general public to have access to their top-secret interface application. Do a Google search the interface cable and application can easily be obtained.
        Retired and Loving Life

Comment

Working...
        X