torque question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque question

hello i have a 1990 cv85etld yamaha outboard. im putting in new thermostat in. could u tell me what the torque is on the 4 bolts. in ft lbs or kgm. thanks

if memory serves me right, im thinking about 40 inch lbs. i usually just take a regular 1/4 inch rachet and tighten them equally..

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
      if memory serves me right, im thinking about 40 inch lbs. i usually just take a regular 1/4 inch rachet and tighten them equally..
      Yep, I just tighten them good and snug with a 1/4" drive ratchet held in one hand so not get too much muscle on them bolts...tighten each bolt some at a time in 'round and 'round pattern until they feel just right!...I wire brush the threads of all fasteners and apply waterproof marine grease to the threads. Good Luck!

Comment

anode

thanks for reply. same 1990 yamaha cv85etld. im wanting to inspect the anode also. from looking at the cylinder crankcase diagram & my motor there is a bolt 14mm in size located between 1 & 2 cylinder to the left a little. i see its inside . is this difficult to change anodes out or if i unscrew the oval head screw can it fall down inside? ive worked outboards for years. never have put a anode in. thanks for any info

Comment

My understanding is that the internal anodes do generally not require replacement. You gonna pull the head off just to inspect/replace anodes?

Comment

some advice?
            if the internal anodes havent been changed yearly since new, leave them be.
            about the 3rd time they dry out and get that white crust they stay that way for years.

Comment

anodes

lol im just goin to leave it alone. u guys talked me out of it. thks for info

Comment

Working...
              X