1999 225 ox66's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 225 ox66's

I have a 28 persuit with twin ox66 225's over the last month and a half my port engine has been running bad. It started fluctuating rpm at cruising rpm which is 3500. I changed the spark plugs and this helped for a few trips. Once the weather got cold, the same motor I fouled out botom two plugs on the starboard bank. Replaced them and ran okay again. VST tank filter and low pressure fuel pumps have been changed. The motor is doing it again between 2500 & 3500 rpm. When you go past 3500 the fluctuating rpm stops and boat runs fine. Any suggestions?????? I plan on changing the o2 sensor because I think this may have something to do with it. What else should I do????? Thanks!

If you did both the low pressure and high pressure fuel pumps, I would definetly look at the O2 sensor next. These need to be cleaned every year anyway really.

If you did the fuel pumps, you will find the O2 sensor cleaning to be easy too. Be sure to clean the tube that connects the O2 sensor block to the engine block. It's roughly 1.5" long and about 1/4" diameter.

Soak the tip of the O2 sensor in something like Combustion Chamber cleaner and take a small wire brush to it too. Do not immerse the whole o2 sensor. Stop at the threads. I soaked mine for 2 nights and used both the cleaner above and some regular carb cleaner.

John

Comment

Working...
    X