F 150 Cooling water pressure and Speed sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 150 Cooling water pressure and Speed sensor

Hey Gang, Have a question on the Cooling water and Speed Sensor.

1. It says in the installation manual in the notes that the speed sensor should not be installed on a counter rotating engine.. But it came from the dealer that way so should I change it ??? it has been acting funny lately I mean one minute it reads good then I'm going 3 MPH, Then I'll stop and start off again and all is well till next time...

2. Is it worth putting a cooling water pressure sensor on my engines??? Any good or bad experiences.

V/r
    Gunz

It will work on either engine, it's probably plugged up at pickup hole on front edge of gearcase, hole needs to be cleaned out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I really didn't want to change it out. Tube and hole are clean. Will try it this weekend.

Gunz

Comment

I run old school water pressure guages on my Century ( Twin F225's). I like the peace of mind of knowing the pressure at a glance. It was a real pain running the tubing through the rigging tubes, though.

Comment

Aquasportfisher I was thinking the exact same thing. Thanks

Comment

speed can be tapped off either engine.
            however SOME L engines had no speedo pitot tube.
            some,not all, are plugged.
            some, not all, speed and water pressure sensors are under a recall.
            whats the hex size on your sensors?

Comment

Rodbolt hate to thread jump but seems to have gone cold. I have a 2005 F150 wanted to know about the possible speed sensor recall can’t Id mine under winter cover, how does one find recall notice check Yamaha web site NG our any more info would be appreciated Thanks.

Comment

you can try by having a dealer type in your engine pid.
                if the 90 code has been done you will see a 90891 prefixed part number and sensor.

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

Working...
                  X