Bogging down when throttle open 70etlh 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogging down when throttle open 70etlh 1987

The motor starts and idles fine. I headed out to main lake, put the throttle down and no power.

I'm wondering if any simple things to try before taking in to shop.

Thanks

Sounds like a gummed up carb or two. Check all fuel supply components - fuel lines, filters, primer ball. Next to check would be the fuel pump. Probably junk in the carbs- it's not too complicated to disassemble and clean the carbs. A service manual will help you through the process.

Comment

I'm not too mechanically inclined. Primer ball does seem to stay hard all the time. Also fuel connector to motor seems a little loose. Any place to refer me to for what I'm looking for when checking fuel lines, filters, etc. Is there a service manual available online? Thanks for the info.

Comment

I suggest a paper service manual- Clymer's or Seloc are not the best, but they're full of useful info. They're inexpensive and readily available- your local boating supply store will have the one you need or they're easy to find online.

Comment

I replaced fuel line, primer, and fuel connector. Sprayed carbs and used can of sea foam. Seems to have fixed!!! Will also be disconnecting fuel line and running out when finished going fed. Thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
          X