2004 f90 tlrc carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 f90 tlrc carb problem

I have a 2004 f90 tlrc. The carbs were removed, cleaned,by a yamaha dealer about a year ago, compression was checked, had stabil in fuel etc. I did not run the boat except right after the work was done, it ran fine. the boat sat and what i expected happened, ran rough, carbs needed cleaned. i removed and cleaned thoroughly, had to replace the pilot jet in the 1 carb(the top broke when removed) i counted turns for the needle valves and set them the same.
    so i put it all back together and started, it started right up but i noticed smoke. i shut it down to hook up sync guage. started back up and still had smoke and rich smell shut down after a few minutes ,checked plugs and 2,3,4 were wet. checked oil and seems overfull so may be getting gas in it. looking for some guidance, any help is appreciated

Fuel pump leaking maybe

Comment

did you use the vacum gauge(manometer) to properly sync the throttles?

Comment

I did not get to the point of syncing it., I stopped because of the strong gas smell and smoke. I have a motionpro sync, i hooked it up and calibrated it, hooked it up to all four carbs and started it again. I didn't want to do any damage so I shut it down.
        I did find a split in the fuel line between the fuel pump and the sediment bulb. I don't think that could cause the rich condition though?
        I unhooked the fuel line at the water seperator and put it in a clear glass container of gasoline because I didn't have a new filter and didn't want to chance sucking up trash, I don't know if thats relevant.

Comment

Working...
        X