Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 control with pull to throttle?

Hi yall,
    I'm having issues with my con*****er,(I think)
    I have a 94' Yammi 2 stroke. C40PLRS.
    When I got it and 1st ran it in the yard, it would die when reducing throttle, sometimes. When I put it on the water the 1st time, it would shock me if I touched the fast idle lever and the steering wheel at the same time.
    Well, I took the control apart and didn't find anything obvious.
    I moved the wires around some and re-assembled it.
    I took the boat out twice since then and no troubles. It worked great.
    Last weekend I was out and was in some rain. Enough to get everything kinda wet. Well it started the dying thing again. (no shocking though!)
    It seemed to only do it when I was going fast. If I reduced throttle, it would run fine. After the rain stopped and everything dried out, it quit doing it!
    I know that sounds like a fuel issue, but maybe the wires inside are getting rubbed by the mechanical movement inside the con*****er?

I'm thinking about just replacing the whole thing. I see a few 703 controls on Ebay, most have a part number but I can't tell if they are push or pull to throttle.
    Does anyone know the part number for the one with "pull to throttle"?
    I don't have electric choke but the key switch pushes in like it's made for that?
    If I have to, I guess I can just get the push one and convert it, but I'd like to try to find the right one.
    EDIT-
    After searching I'm guessing I have to buy a new "push to open" 703-48207-17-10 control and convert it using the link from my old control or buy the link 703-48261-11-00 for $65.00.
    Last edited by doehunter; 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM.

703-48230-14-00 is the pull to open control box which is no longer available, would have to order
    703-48207-1A-00 Push to open Controls
    703-48261-11-00 Pull to open conversion
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

well,
      I took the boat out again on Saturday. It was nice out, no rain.
      The motor ran fine all morning, then early afternoon it started hesitating and died a couple of times.
      Once it was at near full throttle when it died. Reducing throttle didn't help.
      I put it in neutral hit the key and it fired right up like nothing was wrong.
      I found a new one, with push to open throttle for 175.00.
      Hopefully that fixes it.
      If it doesn't, I guess I'll clean the carbs.

Comment

Working...
      X