No announcement yet.

Yamaha F90 or F115 on Pro-Line 17' CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F90 or F115 on Pro-Line 17' CC?

I own a 1988 Pro-Line 17' center console in excellent shape and want to re-power. Currently has a 1999 Suzuki 100 HP two stroke. I'm going to upgrade to a 2006 or newer Yamaha four stroke, either F90 or F115. The boat's dry weight (without motor) is 1500 pounds according to the manufacturer. Max HP rating for this boat is 120 HP. I've been told by some that the Yamaha F90 on this boat will have plenty of power and will be more fuel efficient. Others have said go with the F115...will have more power when I need it, and can cruise at lower RPM's which will be more fuel efficient and less wear on the engine. Any opinions from you experts out there would be appreciated. Thanks.

We sell a lot of boats that people want the minium horsepower and they always wished they had bought the larger engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I would bet you would be happiest with the F115

Comment

If $$$ permits I would go for F115 for shure.

Good luck

Comment

If your boat is rated for it, go for the extra h.p.

You won't regret it.

Comment

It is very common for a boater to wish for more power . Go with the max HP . You don't have to run it wide open but it sure is nice to have it if you need it.

Joe R

Comment

Go with the larger horsepower. I have the F115. One minor inconvenience on my boat is the larger engine does not lower to the level position on the trailer. The skeg contacts the ground before the engine is level, even with the jack at its lowest point.

When performing oil changes, you don't get all the oil out unless you use an oil extractor. It also make it difficult to tell exactly what the oil level is when filling oil.

You may or may not have this issue, but keep this in mind. Just a minor inconvenience.

Comment

the smaller engine would have the same problem.
                has nothing to do with engine HP.
                the skeg issue is a trailer design.
                both the f90 and the f115 will have the same length from the skeg to the top of the transom.
                I would go with the F115.

Comment

Rodbolt- Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Working...
                  X