Water in the fuel take what to do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in the fuel take what to do ?

I have a 99 lowe wz bass boat with a 87 90 horse yamaha elth. I think their is water in the bottom of the fuel take from e10 gas whats is the beat way to take care of this.

i know this sounds to simple but you need to get the water out of the tank. if you can access the fuel sending unit suck it from there, then address if the water made it to the engine... also you need to install a good 10 micron fuel water seperator...

Comment

Water

I think ill do that i replaced the fuel line and ball . The boat wouldnt run before. I took it out today and ran ok had a small miss on no wake speed. And missed at wot . When running at wot . It started missing i turned the wheel back and forth . The miss stoped so i was thinking trash or water in the tank.

Comment

I went thru this procedure recently, Tossed out 180ltrs of fuel
        The tanks are located under a sealed floor with no access to a sender unit so i couldnt do a visual inspection either.

I hooked up an electric fuel pump to drain the tanks and then flushed the tanks thru a fuel/water trap filter at least 20 times each with 20ltrs of fuel and disposed of the filter once finished.

Filled the boat up with new fuel and filter/water trap and added 2 x 275ml of fuel doctor to the tanks, Ran the motors up yesterday for a solid 15 minutes with the new fuel and they ran sweet, no hesitations.

Mind you my boat was capsized so the old fuel was quite comtaminated and wouldnt run on any motor.

Comment

Wasnt water was cdi

Took boat to my local shop . After testing the motor he found that the cdi was bad no2 plug want fireing at all. So i orderd one be here next week . Anythng special to do on changing the cdi out.

Comment

Drain fuel from each carb float chamber with that brass hex-head drain plug...do it several times until all water is out of system, then maybe twice a year and especially at motor lay-up periods of several weeks or months....I run a 1999 90C Yamaha and the carb draining is very simple and easy to do(maybe 5 or 10 minutes)...very good preventive maintenance...Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X