Main Bearings and rod bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Bearings and rod bearings

Who makes main bearings and rod bearings for a 03 yamaha 115 hp 4 stroke.

My guess would be Yamaha

Comment

I know that

My local Yamaha dealer says i have to buy a kit that has 4 different size sets of rod and main bearings for an outrageous price. Because I have to measure the clearance and put the right size bearing out of the set in. I just need one set of bearings don't plan on doing this again for a while. The machine shop said there is a Ford part number on the bearing and a Federal Mogul symbol on them. I am going to the machine shop this morning to check them out. I don't remember what model I have I will post that and the part number tonight. There sure is alot of Ford Motor Company logos and part numbers on this motor.
      Also the local Ford dealer doesn't want to touch the parts because it don't have doors and tires on it.

Comment

quite a lot of the cast parts and the bearings are made by ford.
        however not by the automotive side of ford.
        you need to carefully read the manual on bearing selection.
        each bearing is color coded and each is avalible individually.
        yamaha offers NO bearing kits,
        I dont think your dealer has ever actually rebuilt a 4 stroke.
        yamaha does not offer oversize bearings so no crank grinding or rod resizeing is possible for now.

Comment

Timken, Torrington, SKF,***, lots of bearing manufacturers...balls, rollers, needles, caged and uncaged, etc....maybe your local industrial supply/bearing distributor could recommend some matches for your I.D., O.D., width, application?...just a thought...

Comment

*** is the name of a large bearing manufacturer....as in: *** Bearings...

Comment

these bearings are sleeve type babbit/tin just like you would find in grannys old 350 chevy.
              they are select fit.
              the block and crank are marked from nominal the upper and lower mains are selected by calculating the stamped numbers on the block and crank journals.
              rod bearings are selected the same way only using the crankpin markings.
              there is a chart in the manual.
              NO under or oversize bearings are avalible.

Comment

Working...
              X