Lean idle - low TPS signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean idle - low TPS signal

2001 VX225: fuel sys work done- new LP pumps, clean VST filter, injectors removed, cleaned, and new filters installed. Installed new plugs. Sync'd throttle plates, set TPS to .51V with plates completely closed. Adjusted idle to 750. On the water it had a periodic sneeze at idle.....understand that to be a lean backfire. Otherwise, ran like a top with lots of power and no issues.

At home, started it on muffs and rechecked TPS signal. Still .51V with tp's closed, but only .56V at idle. I have seen RodVolt say that TPS should show at .60V at idle. I'm thinking the lean condition is resulting from a low TPS voltage output at idle, causing the ECU to give it less gas than it needs at idle.

So what if I adjust the TPS to read .60 at the idle that I have it currently set to? Would that richen up the idle and prevent the sneezes? Are there other issues that need checked that would make a lean idle occur?

btw, I replaced the o2 sensor a few months ago and always use ring free, so I don't believe that sensor is the culprit. The TPS shows proper range when opening tp's from closed to wot as well, so I don't suspect a bad TPS.

TPS at idle doesnt affect fuel much.
    hunt another rabbit hole.

Comment

I would recheck the link and sync.. make sure the lower throttle blade is not obstructed by the oil link rod...

Comment

TP's all completely shut together....no interference from oil linkage.

So I'm fresh out of rabbit trails. Any other conditions I should check that might cause lean sneezes? do throttle bodies get loose ever? I'll check for that and vac tubes, etc... but I'm sure I'll find nothing. Frustrating.

Comment

Working...
        X