2003 50 tlrb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 50 tlrb issue

I have a 2003 TLRB that I have been chasing for the past week. The motor idles rough as well has no top end and feels as if it is only running on 2 cylinders when you punch of it. I have taken the carbs apart multiple times and done a basic cleaning with carb cleaner. I have a fuel filter and make sure and treat fuel at each fill up(tank is only 5 gallons so fuel never sits for more than a week anyways). The only time I have gotten full power out of the motor was the other day when I went to tinker with it on the water. After filling the fuel tank at the gas station I forgot to relieve the valve on the tank. Not realizing it i began to throttle up and the motor bogged as usual(no power) all of the sudden the motor throttled up and began to run at full power. I thought my problems had finally been cured but just as soon as she was running right it began to cut out. I started to search for the issue and realized that the fuel tank valve was closed. To make sure that this was the reason for the sudden acceleration I primed it back up, fired her up and tighten the valve once again. Once the motor became starved for fuel it accelerated right back up before once again cutting out. Sorry for the long winded post but figured I would give as much info as possible, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

check fuel pump for hole/leaks into crank case

Comment

Ill check that out and let you know. Anyone else have any ideas??

Comment

Fuel pump checked out ok. After messing with the motor again today in the yard for awhile I am still stumped. I took off the air filter and was messing with the carbs. the motor still bogs hard as a increase the throttle. The only way I could get full power out of the motor was by starving the top carb of air by cupping my hand over the front of the carb.. Im lost anyone have anymore ideas??

Comment

Maybe your prime start system has a leak in diaphragm or you put wrong jets back into the wrong carbs.

Did you follow link and sync procedure in service manual when you reinstalled carbs?

Did your motor have the cover plugs over pilot/idle adjustment screws and did you remove them before cleaning carbs?
          Sometimes it takes sonic cleaning to get it all

Comment

Working...
          X