Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V150TLR performance upgrades

Hello fellow Yamaha owners.

New to the forum. Just bought a stratos bass boat with a v150tlr carb motor. The whole boat motor and trailer package is 2007. What I would like to know is.....are there any performance upgrades I can do to this motor? Don't want to do porting polishing and boring out. Just interested in bolt on mods. I know that boyesen reeds are one upgrade. However I heard that larger carbs can convert this motor into a 175HP. Not sure if that's the only mod that is needed to get the extra ponies. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

No I don't do any kind of modifications to engines.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

200 hp carbs and advance timing and run 93 octane. I picked up 6 mph on a 150 doing that. 68 mph to 74 mph
      I'm sure the aftermarket reeds would have gained some more....

Couple more things you can do: put exhaust relief holes in upper part of lower unit. Put a couple 3 inch holes in front of cover for ram/cold air. Make them the size of cans of Smokehouse almonds so you can put plastic cap on when you want quiet and cruising.

These should give you a few things to think about.......

(as you can see I'm a hot rodder)

Comment

AND all of the above comment was either sarchastic or::::.
        93 octane is the LAST thing you wish to run in a stock compresssion V150.
        will make it lose up to 15% power on the top end.
        carefull with the so called hotrodders.
        I paid my mortgage off them for years with a mostly stock 1970 w-30 442.

Comment

Nope, dead serious

I know the 93 octane with advanced timing works with fixed timing (non computer) V6s....

Another trick I never tried and doubt is jetting the top carbs richer. Hey I'll try just about anything....once.

Comment

Working...
          X