Help...Wiring colors on analog tach and trim gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Wiring colors on analog tach and trim gauge

Rigging this 2002 VX225TLRA. I'm confused on the color codes here. I've pulled Yamaha color codes but don't see these listed.

1 On the trim gauge I have a Pink/Red dotted wire and a Orange/Red dotted wire going to the trim/oil harness plug. the harness plug has a Pink that plugs to the pink/red dot and a yellow that plugs to the orange/red dot. Is this right?

2. On the trim gauge I have a yellow/red dot wire and and black/brown dot wire. I have the fused wiring harness, 6Y583553NO for them, but on the pig tailed end for the gauges, I have yellow, green, blue, black, and red. Do I connect the yellow/red dot to the straight yellow on the pig tail and the black/brown dot to the black on the pig tail?

Why the dotted wires?

3. On the 6y583553NO, I don't have a blue on the end that goes to the key switch. Since (I assume) the blue is for the gauge lights, where do I pull the blue lead from to the gauge lights? Why does it not have one on the lead end of the 6y583553NO?

Finally, why don't the colors line up between the trim/oil harness plugs and the tach and trim gauge plugs?

Sorry for so many questions. Just don't want to short anything out here...

Wire colors on trim/oil harness wont match but pin location in connector will match just plug to engine and to gauges and will be ok.
    Yes connect yellow/red wire on trim gauge to yellow wire in gauge harness.
    In middle of 6y583553NO gauge harness will see blue wire with bullet connector, can connect it to yellow wire next to it so backlight will come on when turn key on or connect blue wire to NAV light switch in boat to have backlight work with boat lights.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. Black with brown dots goes to black in the pig tail... just a ground I assume?

Comment

Working...
      X