Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fogging an 06 75HP

Hello,
    This is my first posting. Hope this isn't a stupid question. I have a 06' 75HP Yamaha and i want to fog the engine later among other things. I am new to fuel injected outboards. Where do i spray the fogging oil? If i stand on the starboard side of the moter and look around on the front of the engine, there is a oval shaped opening with an air filter. I assume this is where you spray? I keep hearing that there is a cover that needs to be removed. Confused.

Better to remove spark plugs and put about an ounce of fogging in each cylinder, reinstall plugs, remove landyard cord so engine doesn't start up and spin engine over a couple of turns with starter to coat cylinders with oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Still confused

Hey thanks for the response. Are you implying that fogging the air intake is not neccassary? Just the cylinder walls?

Comment

google mercruiser or volvo EFI fogging mixture.
        we dont like spraying any liquids down a spark plug hole.
        if you do you MUST rotate the 4 stroke at LEAST 2 revolutions with the plugs out.
        Ill try to post some pics of an F250 rod and an F50 rod that hydrolocked.
        I also use a product called crankcase stor-N-start in the engine oil.
        the fogging mix will coat cyl walls,protect VST surfaces and aid in keeping injectors from sticking.

Comment

Working...
        X