What Cranking battery / Deep Cycle Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Cranking battery / Deep Cycle Battery

Just wondering what my fellow boaters are using out there for your Cranking and Deep Cycle Batteries....i.e Brand and type.

Ironic that my Interstate Cranking battery died 3 months ago and then my Interstate Deep Cycle battery died last week! Both were 5 years old so I cannot complain.

Interstate batteries are a very good battery and this is what i have used for the last 15 years,, this summer i started using Napa batteries, so far so good, they are just pricey.... more than likely going back to interstate...

Comment

I just run Autozone or Advanced Auto Batteries....usually good for 3 or 4 years...anything beyond that, figure I'm on borrowed time anyway(sorta like trailer tires). I keep my boat battery in my shop during off-season, pop it on that 2 amp charge every few weeks to keep it up full. I think you can spend big bucks$$$ for "premium" batteries, but just not sure if they're worth the extra money!...when they gets ready, they'll die just like the others!

Comment

Robert -
        I just replaced both with the Advanced Auto Parts Cranking and Deep Cycle. I heard that they are either made by Exide or by Johnson Controls and both of these manufacturers make good batteries.
        I was thinking about a gel or AGM battery for my deep cycle but I can't justify the extra cost.....

Comment

Yep, I've seen those "high-priced" batteries at the automotive supply stores, but the prices always run me off!....Heck, $75 for a regular battery seems like gracious plenty to me!

Comment

I run Optima blue tops with that said any battery i feel should be kept on a maintainer and disconnected from everything Via a selector switch or just disconnect the ground post.That works for me.

Comment

Working...
            X