1996 225 Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 225 Gauges

The previous owner wrote in the inside cover of the manual that my motor is a 1996 255TXRS and it is on the Survey Form also. Though trying to find it online and all I really see are earlier models as TXRS.

The boat is a 1988 Pursuit 22' CC.

So anyway, I have tubing that runs from the motor to the console and used to be connected to a gauge. Well when we got the boat a few years back, the gauge was rusted up pretty bad.

I never really paid attention to it and assumed it was a temp gauge. One day when we launched, I noticed water coming from under the console. So upon searching, I found that the tube had broke away from the gauge due to rust.

The water coming out was warm naturally as it was coming from the motor. I put a screw in it with a zip tie and basically forgot about it. I removed the rusted out gauge, naturally misplaced it in garage and painted the cover where it went blue.

Now as I go through the boat, basically pulling all new wire and such, I want to get a replacement gauge for it.

So as I said, I assumed it was a temp gauge, but after searching here, I see it could have been a water pressure gauge.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find a replacement?

most any brand that reads 0-30 psi will work.
    boats.net cabn set you up with the yamaha part number.

Comment

I've searched Boats.net with no luck on gauges for some reason. Just keep getting to the outboard parts only.

EDIT: Stupid Firefox, IE took me to the gauges.
      Last edited by FirePro911; 09-29-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

boats.net is a moderator on this site.
        I dont do much with parts but I am a yamaha master tech since march of 2006.

Comment

Working...
        X