T9.9GPR electrical question for Rodbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9GPR electrical question for Rodbolt

First off Rodbolt, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your contributions here. I have learned a lot from your helpful replies and really appreciate your efforts. Rodbolt YOU ROCK!!!!

I have a question and wondered if you could clarify for me. In my T9.9GPR outboard there appear to be three coils under the flywheel. They are:

Charge Coil
    Lighting Coils (2)
    Pulser Coil

I was hoping you could confirm which coil does what in respect to the engine operation.

Just for laughs (at me or with me!), here's my best guess after looking at the schematic and the voltages delivered by each coil:

I am guessing that the charge coil delivers power (180V) to the CDI , the CDI delivers that voltage at intervals as determined by the trigger from the pulser coil (7~10.5v) out of the CDI and into the primary of the ignition coil.

I am also guessing that the lighting coils deliver the tach signal and input power (33.3~79.1V) to the regulator. In the T9.9GPR version there are 2 lighting coils. I don't understand the need for two.

Am I even close?

Again, thanks for all of your help. I am sure that everyone here will agree completely, your efforts to help us are truly appreciated!

Cheers!

You are correct about the charge and pulser coils, and also the lighting coil for battery charging and tach, but I would not think it would be that high of voltage.
    and I did not think there were 2 of them, but Hopefully Rodbolt will post with some more info

Comment

without having the schematic in front of me, I can say that a lot of the little T fourstrokes used a 3 phase charging system.
      that would be the extra coils.
      if you have 2 green lighting coil wires its a single phase system.
      3 would indicate a 3 phase system.
      and yes,unloaded the lighting coil can produce an excess of 200V AC.

Comment

Working...
      X