High Temperature alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Temperature alarm?

I have recently had a high temperature alarm go off only when running at idle or low speed. I have replaced the water pump and the thermostats and still it continues. I am worried that it could be the Exhaust corrosion problem I have been reading so much about. The engines are 2002 225hp Four Strokes. Any other ideas of what it could be?

Thank You

Captain Chris Wolowitz

Check to see if PRVs(poppits) are sticking open

Comment

Ok will do. Tried everything else why not.

Comment

there is a good article in this months towboatUS magazine concerning the F200,225 and 250 corrosion issues.
        next I hope they address the F150 balancer issue.

Comment

BoatUS Magazine: Yamaha F225 Corrosion Complaints | October - November 2012

Sure hope it is not the corrosion issue for you, but they talk about motor smoking and/or blowing dip stick out due to eating through oil pan also

Comment

and that thin flat plate cracks and dumps water pressure,most noticable as an alarm at idle speeds.
            ex kit is about 650 dollars and takes about 6-8 hours to install.

Comment

Well, here it is. Both my Yamaha 225's have succomd to the manufacturers defect Boat US is talking about. Only 850 hours 2002. Both corroded with craters and holes in the DRY exhaust area. Big dollar repair. Who do I send the bill to??? Yamaha!

Comment

if ya dont like that bill wait until you see the one after the cyl heads corrode.

Comment

Working...
                X