95 70hp 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 70hp 2 stroke

I have a problem with the motor shuttering(slightly shaking) a bit under a load up to 2500 rpm then after that it's fine. Motor idles fine. When I plull the plugs I notice that they are wet. I have cleaned the carbs and passages. I did notice that the fuel drips a about a drop of fuel from it, when I prime the bulb.

Also when idling around in the inlet for 10 mins it burned 3 gallons of gas. it's pushing a 19ft skiff with 3 people weighing 150lbs each.

Check compression, check that have fire on all cylinders, check to see if fuel pump diaphram has a hole in it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

compression is 110 115 105. it does leak a about a drop of fuel from the fuel pump when I pulled the 2 10mm bolts out and pump the prime bulb.

Comment

I have fire on all cyclinders. I do notice when running it on a flusher and I pull the spark plug wire from the plug the engine speeds up. I would have thought the engine would slow down and want to die out. Also the engine will even run with 2 plug wires not connected.

Comment

The fuel pump is easy and cheap($50) to replace. When the fuel pump diaphragm developes a tear or a hole, it causes raw fuel to get sucked into the cylinders causing that fuel-rich, wet spark plug condition. Sounds like that could be worth looking at. Good Luck!

Comment

Where did the fuel leak out of on the pump?
            If it was the pulse port then you need to replace the pump.

It is not good to pull the plug wires off while motor is running, it can cause the voltage to jump across somewhere else beside the spark plug that can cause damage to coil or other parts.

Use a spark tested set to the proper gap so it has some place to jump to that will not hurt anything

Comment

it was a slow leak at the bottom of the fuel pump. looks like it was seaping thru the gaskets.

It definatley was not leaking around the "in" hose. Where is the pulse area at on those fuel pumps. I do have a fuel pump of a 90hp that is compatiable with it. I'll just inspect that fuel pump prior to using it.

Comment

Also is there anything in the carbs that can cause the motor to run rich? any adjustments that can be made.

I bought a seloc manual they are a pain to read. I love the factory manuals. I'm currently looking for one.

Comment

Not sure what your fuel issue is but the vibration sounds like your prop might be messed up.

Comment

It's a 1995 motor, and if the fuel pump has never been changed, then you got your nickle's worth out of it...Mine is a 1999 90C motor and I just replaced the pump a year ago...kept the old one for an emergency spare.

Comment

Fuel pump was supposely replaced by the previous owner back in 2009. but the motor has sat in my basement until 2 months ago when I cleaned the carbs.

Comment

also it's a brand new prop.

Comment

Working...
                        X