2004 Yamaha 150 TXRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 150 TXRC

I have an 04 Yamaha 150 TXRC (carb'd model). At idle, the engine will shake and sometimes die. It doesn't happen all the time but just sometimes.

I just purchased the boat a few months ago. Therefore, I'm not sure when the fuel pumps have been replaced --- if EVER. I replaced the fuel bulb, lines and also the plugs. My next step was to replace the fuel pumps but wanted to ask the experts here first.

Also was planning over the winter and/or before next season to have the carbs taken off and cleaned with ultrasonic.

Thoughts? Comments?

yes, clean/rebuild carbs
    linc/sync carbs
    check lp pumps
    ohm test plug caps
    ever check compression ?

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
      yes, clean/rebuild carbs
      linc/sync carbs
      check lp pumps
      ohm test plug caps
      ever check compression ?
      LP pumps? (low pressure?). What do you mean by "Check" them? Are they the fuel pumps on the side?

No, I didn't do a compression test. However, I suspect the compression is good at the boat got up to 40+ mph (on speedo & gps) and top end isn't an issue. However, I certainly can do a compression test.

Is there a document that I can download for the "link/sync" for the carbs?

Comment

Yes it is in the Yamaha service manual for your motor, not an aftermarket .
        But that is just my opinion

Comment

Are the LP pumps the two fuel pumps?

Comment

I replaced both LP fuel pumps today and it appears to be idling much better. However, I'll have to try it when under load and in the water.

One more question. See attached picture..... what is this connection? It wasn't connected when I purchased the boat and when I connect it up, all I hear is the constant alarm (where you turn the key to start, etc).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

its for trim and oil visuals.
              you dont have yamaha digital guages do you ?
              if not leave them unplugged.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                its for trim and oil visuals.
                you dont have yamaha digital guages do you ?
                if not leave them unplugged.
                No, I don't have yamaha digital gauges and I unplugged it again. Thank you for the quick response!!!!

BTW, what is typical for these outboards to idle at? Approx 750-800rpm normal?

Comment

Working...
                X