Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 90hp Power Trim and Tilt Repairs

Hi all
    First post here so i hope someone can help.
    Im from the Australia and have a twin hull boat with twin 90's.
    My problem is one of my motors keeps falling down when trimmed all the way up to the top (hydraulic trim 6H1) only takes 5 minutes and falls all the way down.
    This problem intially started when i released the manual release valve and the motor has leaked down ever since that day, The valve seems liked it has seated back properly but to inspect properly the whole unit needs to be disassembled.
    The main trim ram is not scored or damaged, there is a very minor leak around the dust seal, The other two trim dust seals need replacing but i think the problem is within the main ram. (My other motor is fine and the dust seals also need replacing)
    I have bled the system around 15 times so far, I have only noticed today a very slight improvement but still leaks down very rapidly.
    I will persist again tomorrow to bleed the system before i attempt a rebuild of the internals.
    Does the motor need to be removed for the hydraulic ram removal?
    I've searched the internet but havnt found allot of info.
    Also what areas internally should i be looking for damaged or leaking seals?
    To bleed the system i have raised the motor all the way up, taken out the top up screw, topped up with ATF, then manually released the motor and repeated the process several times. I noticed some of the old fluid that came out had lots of little air pockets in it to? Have i done this process correctly.
    I want to buy the seals but would like some feedback from the experts of this site before hand.

Thanks DT

Might start with removing manual release and replacing seat and orings.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Does this mean i have to remove the motor for access

Comment

You can take right transom bracket loose and slide over to get power trim unit out but will need to support outboard with a hoist in up position.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X